Sunday, April 17, 2011

Midwest - My trip to Chicago








The first place I would recommend visiting in the Midwest is the city of Chicago. It is the largest city in the state of Illinois and the third largest city in the U.S. Chicago is, also, a very important historical and cultural center of our Nation.
Since Chicago is a really big city and has so many things to offer and places to see, I would say one day is not enough to see the whole city. I would set aside four days to see the most important landmarks of the city.
1st day: I would start my first day by going to the museums. Chicago has numerous museums that are considered some of the best in the world. These include John G. Shedd Aquarium, Museum of Science and Industry, Art Institute of Chicago, and many more.

2nd day: On my second day I would go to Navy Pier (pier on the Chicago shoreline of Lake Michigan) and take one of the architectural sightseeing tours offered there. Did you know that the nation's two tallest buildings are both located in Chicago? These are Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower), and Trump International Hotel and Tower. There are so many other famous landmarks to visit, like John Hancock Center, which you do not want to miss. While at the Navy Pier I would definitely take a ride at the Ferris Wheel, which is one of the most visited landmarks in the Midwest. I would end my day by having a nice dinner at one of the fine restaurants of Downtown Chicago. If I still had some strength left in me, I would go to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, which is recognized as one of the finest orchestras in the world.

3d day: On the third day I would still be in Downtown visiting the Millennium and Grant Parks. I would visit the Cloud Gate at the Millennium Park – the sculpture, shaped like a bean, designed by an artist named Anish Kapoor. Also, I would not miss the Buckingham Fountain – a Chicago landmark in the center of Grant Park. Last, I would go to the Magnificent Mile and do some purse and cloth shopping.
4th day: To end my trip I would drive around town, have a nice walk, go to a restaurant to have lunch. After lunch we drive to Ravinia Park which is a private park, where you get to eat while listening to music.
That is the end of my trip in Chicago. See you next time in Michigan.

2 comments:

  1. I love you r blog. I am a Chicago native, now living in Las vegas. how I miss my home. Your visit reminds me of why I'm so proud of my city! Your pictures are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete