Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The West



Midwest is a wonderful place, but I am curious for more.
While in the West, I want to learn more about the gold rush and what it is like to live in the West compare to other regions.
The Midwest consists mostly of prairies, valleys, and some mountains. I wonder if the West has similar landscapes or it is made mostly of mountains and deserts. Also, I would like to know if there is any farming in the West, what people grow there, what kind of animals they raise on the farms.
I have been in the West when I was little. I visited Las Vegas and Utah when I was 3 years old. Obviously, I don’t remember much of that trip, but just like I mentioned in my previous journal, I remember the beautiful red color of the mountains.
The West region is the biggest region in the U.S., so there are a lot of places I would love to visit. I decided to visit only four states in the West. I am going to travel to Utah, Hawaii, Alaska, and California. I hope it turns out to be a fun trip. :)

1 comment:

  1. Cool, Rahpaela!

    Where did you decide to go in Hawaii and Alaska? I didn't put any recources for those, so I'll be curious to hear about them. Maybe you can add those resources to the database.

    Wonderful job again! I'm so proud of the learner you've become this year.

    Mr. F.

    ReplyDelete